What is SEO
SEO is a set of practices that have the bus to improve the positioning and visibility of sites in pages of search engine results.
A good positioning on the search engines is essential since it allows to considerably increase the traffic on a website by giving the possibility to the Net surfers to reach a site without knowing its address.
There are two SEO strategies: natural and paid.
Natural Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a set of website optimization techniques for search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. These techniques aim to improve a site by focusing on the users, since to please the net surfers often as a consequence to please the search engines.
The important points of SEO:
• Choose relevant keywords related to your business area
• Create unique and relevant page titles
• Improve the structure of your URLs
• Improve the site architecture and structure of internal links
• Offer quality content and optimize the use of images • Set up your mobile sites: a responsive website
• Use the robots.txt file effectively
• Promote the site by posting messages on blogs and in social networks.
• Promote your site in Google Maps by adding your company to Google Places.
Paid search or SEA (Search Engine Advertising) allows positioning a website in the first results of search engines using the links sponsored by the purchase ticket of keywords from search engines. This is a quick way to bring up a website at the top of the results pages for the campaign period.
This method will not improve the ranking of the website in the natural results, but it can become a complementary strategy.